The BBQ tofu gives these bowls a delicious kick!
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) container extra firm tofu, cut into cubes and pressed for a few minutes or patted dry
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 teaspoons tamari or liquid aminos
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable based oil of our choice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Cilantro leaves for garnish, if desired.
- Add quinoa to a medium sized pot and cover with 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a simmer and cook until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl mix together the tofu, olive oil, corn starch and tamari. Make sure everything is coated and then place on a baking sheet. Bake tofu until crispy, flipping once, 20-30 minutes.
- Add the vegetable oil, vinegar, maple syrup and salt to a large bowl and whisk together. Next, add all the coleslaw veggies and mix until everything is combined and coated with dressing.
- Mix the tofu and BBQ sauce together and assemble your bowls.
- Assemble bowls: heaping 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/4 of the BBQ tofu and 1/4 of the coleslaw. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
I used the crispy tofu recipe from Cookie & Kate.