All your favorite pizza flavors in one healthy bowl!
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or Herbs De Provence
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheese, vegan or regular
- Black pepper
- Sliced basil for garnish, if desired
- Place quinoa in a medium pot and cover with 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Once quinoa is finished cooking, add the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt and mix until combined.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil, red pepper, zucchini, onion and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until vegetable are tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Assemble the bowls: heaping 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/4 of the veggie mixture, 1 cup spinach leaves, 1/3 cup white beans, 1/4 cup cheese. Top each with fresh basil/ and or basil vinaigrette, if desired.
If assembling ahead of time, leave out the spinach until morning of.
If you like dressing, this Basil Vinaigrette would go great on these bowls!