A really flavorful orange sauce cooked with crispy tofu and veggies!
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) container extra firm tofu, patted dry and diced into bite sized pieces
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 teaspoons tamari or liquid aminos
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups thinly sliced carrots
- Optional garnishes: toasted sesame seeds, diced green onions
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tamari, or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated finely
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated finely
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
- Place quinoa in a medium pot and cover with 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix together the tofu, 3 teaspoons olive oil, corn starch, and tamari until all tofu is coated. Bake tofu on a large baking sheet until crispy, about 30 minutes, flipping once.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 2 teaspoons olive oil, the broccoli and carrots. Cook until tender, 7-10 minutes.
- Add all orange sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the tofu to the veggies and pour in the sauce. Cook until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Assemble bowls: heaping 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/4 of the tofu and veggie mixture, top with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.
Feel free to press your tofu if desired. I’m usually too lazy, but it will make for a crispier tofu!
I used the crispy bake tofu recipe from Cookie & Kate.