Delicious and fresh southwest flavors in one bowl!
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups lettuce or mixed greens
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 medium avocados, sliced
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- Sliced jalapeños, optional
- Lime wedges, optional
- Add quinoa to a medium sized pot and cover with 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a simmer and cook until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Assemble the bowls: heaping 1/2 cup quinoa, 1 cup lettuce, 1/3 cup black beans, 1/3 cup corn, 1/4 of the diced tomato, 1/4 cup salsa, 1/4 of the avocado, a few jalapeños and 1 wedge of lime. Dress with dressing if desired.