This Vegetarian Egg Roll In A Bowl is so easy to make, low in carbs and super flavorful!
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 (14-16 oz) package tofu, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons low sodium tamari, or soy sauce
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- Optional toppings: cashews, wonton strips, cilantro, sriracha, limes
- Crumble the tofu into bite size pieces. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon sesame oil, tofu, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and granulated garlic. Stir together and cook until tofu is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove tofu from the pan and add the remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil, cabbage, carrot and remaining 2 tablespoons tamari. Stir and let cook down for about 5 minutes. Make a small well in the middle of the pan and add the garlic and ginger. Stir around for about 1 minute and then stir everything together. Cook until cabbage and carrots are desired consistency, 3-5 minutes. I like to keep them a little on the crunchy side so there is more texture to the meal.
- Stir in green onion and serve!