- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, cut into bit size thin strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into bite size thin strips
- 1 yellow squash, or zucchini, cut into bite size thin strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 tostada shells
- 1 cup refried beans, I like to use black
- Optional: shredded cheese
- Toppings: salsa, hot sauce, avocado, cilantro
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil, all of the fajita veggies and spices. Mix together, cover with a lid and let cook until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While veggies are cooking lay out tostadas on a large sheet pan and spread each one with 2 tablespoons of refried beans. Once veggies are finished cooking divide them equally among the 8 tostadas and place in the oven until refried beans are heated through, about 5 minutes. If you are adding cheese you can add that right before you put them in the oven and then bake until cheese is melted. Serving size is 2 tostadas per person.