These delicious and healthy Fajita Tostadas only take 30 minutes to make! They’re perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that is vegan and gluten free friendly!
Today I’m sharing another recipe from my 30 Minute Dinner Challenge I hosted in April. I was tempted to make all my recipes Mexican, but I figured not everyone would appreciate that as much as I would, haha 🙂 I love these Fajita Tostadas because they combine two delicious Mexican recipes into one!
Fajitas are a perfect dinner option because they’re quick and easy to make and they are great at incorporating veggies into your meal.
For these Fajita Tostadas I used the traditional fajita veggies (red pepper, green pepper and onion) and then I also added some yellow summer squash for color. And, it just happens to be in season right now so it’s very affordable!
I also skipped the cheese and enjoyed my Fajita Tostadas with a few slices of creamy avocado instead.
Things To Love About This 30 Minute Fajita Tostada Recipe:
- They only take 30 minutes to make! I love for 30 minute dinner recipes these days and fajitas are one of my favorite ones to make.
- You can get creative with your toppings. You can add anything from cilantro, salsa, hot sauce, avocado, cheese, tomato and sour cream. Extra topping are such an easy way to add extra flavor.
- They’re a great way to get in your veggie servings. Fajitas are basically just a bunch of seasoned and blackened vegetables on a tortilla. You can easily add any other vegetables you like!
If you love Mexican Food Recipes, I have a great round up of a few of my favorite Healthy Mexican Food Recipes. I feel like Mexican food is usually quick and easy to make so it’s great for weeknight meals!
If you love tostadas, these Summer Vegetable Tostadas have been so popular lately!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, cut into bit size thin strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into bite size thin strips
- 1 yellow squash, or zucchini, cut into bite size thin strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 tostada shells
- 1 cup refried beans, I like to use black
- Optional: shredded cheese
- Toppings: salsa, hot sauce, avocado, cilantro
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil, all of the fajita veggies and spices. Mix together, cover with a lid and let cook until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While veggies are cooking lay out tostadas on a large sheet pan and spread each one with 2 tablespoons of refried beans. Once veggies are finished cooking divide them equally among the 8 tostadas and place in the oven until refried beans are heated through, about 5 minutes. If you are adding cheese you can add that right before you put them in the oven and then bake until cheese is melted. Serving size is 2 tostadas per person.