These 30-Minute Sweet Potato and Zucchini Tostadas are a perfect quick and easy dinner that’s also loaded with veggies and totally healthy! They’re gluten free and easily made vegan!
It’s so hot here!! I feel like I’m always complaining about the summer temperatures, but it’s a high of 106 all week and I just can’t handle it. If it was just me I would be perfectly happy sitting in the AC all day watching TV, but an energetic toddler needs to be able to run around outside without getting heatstroke, am I right?!
Ok, I’m finished complaining. Now, let’s talk about these 30 minute Sweet Potato and Zucchini Tostadas! Tostadas are one of my favorite dinners to make when I’m feeling unmotivated and tired but also really wanting a tasty dinner.
Sometimes when I’m feeling really lazy I just do beans and cheese with some salsa and avocado toppings, but today I wanted to add some extra veggies and it turned out to still be super easy!
I usually roast my sweet potato when using it in a Mexican dish, like tacos, but to keep these tostadas under 30 minutes I decided to just grate them and then sautéed them up. I also added some zucchini because it’s so in season right now and everything needs a little green!
Tostadas are so easy because you really just spread them with refried beans, add your favorite veggies, top them off with some cheese and throw them in the oven. I always like to say that they’re like huge nachos haha 🙂 You can eat them with your hands and kids really like them too.
So next time you’re feeling unmotivated to cook dinner, just remember that you can have these Sweet Potato and Zucchini Tostadas in just 30 minutes!
I hope you all are having a much milder summer than we are! Summer is usually a time when it’s a little slower around here because people are enjoying outdoor activities and not on the computer, as they should be! I’m planning on scaling back my posts for a month or so and doing more behind the scenes work, so if you see me a little less that is why! Don’t worry though, I’ll still be sharing at least one new recipe per week and probably more 🙂Print
These 30 Minute Sweet Potato and Zucchini Tostadas are so easy to make! They’re also loaded with veggies so they’re healthy too!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups grated sweet potato
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tostada shells
- 1 1/2 cups refried beans, I like to use black
- 3/4 cup grated cheese, vegan cheese if necessary
- Your favorite toppings: avocado, onion, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, salsa, etc…
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and grated sweet potato. Cook for about 2 minutes and then add grated zucchini, salt, pepper and spices. Stir together and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Lay tostada shells on a large baking sheet and spread each with about 1/4 cup refried beans, 1/6 of the veggie mixture and top with 2 tablespoons shredded cheese.
- Bake tostadas until heated through and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!