- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 7 tablespoons tahini, a little less than 1/2 cup
- 1/2 heaping cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper or roasted red pepper
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Bread, gluten free if necessary
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, sprouts, pickles
- Place chickpeas into a large bowl and mash with a potato masher until most chickpeas are mashed. It is ok to leave a few chunks.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until everything is combined. Pile chickpea salad on bread and top with your favorite sandwich toppings.