This Green Rice with Black Beans and Sweet Potato is packed with tons of delicious fresh herbs and is great for a healthy summer side dish!
- 1 cup rice, uncooked (white or brown)
- 2 cups small diced sweet potato, about 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- Diced jalapeno, to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- 1 cup lightly packed parsley leaves
- Juice of 2 large limes
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Add diced sweet potato to a large baking sheet and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake until fork tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Add the spinach, cilantro, parsley, lime juice, garlic and a pinch of salt to a blender or food processor and blend until you have a very chopped up consistency.
- To a large bowl add the rice, sweet potato, black beans, red pepper, jalapeño and chopped herb mixture. Mix until combined and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Green rice can be eaten immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins