This Healthy Banana Bread is easy to make, low in sugar and so moist and delicious!
- 4 medium sized bananas, the riper the better
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil, use refined if you don’t want it to taste like coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups flour (I like to use one cup whole wheat, one cup all purpose)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Add the bananas to a large bowl and mash. Next, add the coconut oil, eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla, almond milk and maple syrup to a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Next, add the remaining dry ingredients and mix again until everything is combined. Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake banana bread until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 50-55 mins. Let banana bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool the rest of the way. If you cut into it before it’s cooled it may seem a little gooey but it won’t be like that if you let it cool longer.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Pumpkin bread can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.