This Healthy Banana Bread Recipe is made in one bowl and is dairy free and refined sugar free! It’s packed with delicious banana flavor and great for breakfast, snacks or dessert!
Last week I shared my Healthy Pumpkin Bread recipe with you and now it’s time for Healthy Banana Bread! We’ve been getting some pretty cold weather lately and it’s really getting me into the baking spirit! Quick breads are also great for edible gifts this time of year 🙂
If you enjoy bananas, having a trusty banana bread recipe in your back pocket is a must! As many bananas as we eat in this house, there’s always one or two that go a little past their eating prime. And when that happens, healthy banana bread is the perfect thing to make!
What Makes This Healthy Banana Bread?
The definition of the word “healthy” is different for everybody. In my mind, I like to refer to baked goods as healthy when they’re not packed with sugar, made with healthy oils and whole wheat flour.
- I like to use a small amount of pure maple syrup and coconut sugar in my healthy banana bread recipe. I do have a banana muffin recipe that doesn’t call for any added sugar, so you can also experiment with adding less sugar or none at all.
- Since I don’t use a lot of sugar, I like to pack a lot of bananas in! I usually use 4 medium sized bananas but you can use 5 if yours are small. Bananas are packed with potassium and vitamin B6.
- I do all my baking with coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. It’s high in omega 3 fatty acids and helps raise good cholesterol.
- I also like to use whole wheat flour. Sometimes I do half and half and other times all whole wheat. It’s healthier and adds a nice taste.
How To Make This Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
This recipe is SO easy to make! I’ve made it so many times I can practically make it with my eyes closed now 🙂
- You start by adding all the wet ingredients, plus the coconut sugar to a large bowl and whisking until combined. I don’t even use an electric mixer and it always turns out great.
- To the same bowl, you then add all the dry ingredients and mix again until everything is combined.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake until cooked through! It’s seriously so easy! Sometimes I even have my three year old help me make it.
This healthy banana bread recipe can also be made into muffins instead of a loaf. Muffins are great because they take less time to bake and they make a little single serving that is great to serve to kids. It’s also freezer friendly so you can make a few loaves to have on hand when you’re having a banana bread emergency 🙂
- Chocolate Chips
- Dried Fruit
- Peanut Butter
- Zucchini, Apple or Carrot