- 2 cups Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups carrot puree*
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and all the spices in a medium sized bowl and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, coconut sugar and oil. Beat with an electric mixture for 20 seconds. Add the pureed carrot and mix for 15 seconds. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, in two batches, and beat until everything is combined, about 20 seconds. Fold in the grated carrots with a spatula or spoon.
- Line a muffin tin with liners and use a large ice cream scoop (or a ¼ cup) to scoop the batter into the muffin tin. Bake muffins until a toothpick comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Let muffins cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before eating.
*I made my carrot puree by steaming about 4 cups sliced carrots until fork tender and then blending until smooth in a food processor.