A classic flavor combination with a kick from the lemon!
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free certified if necessary
- 3/4 cups almond meal
- 2 teaspoons poppyseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup date paste, see recipe above*
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 2 1/2 tablespoons water, let sit for 5 minutes)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a non-stick mat or parchment paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and then add the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop or measuring cup to scoop the cookie mixture onto the baking sheet. Try to leave about an inch in-between each cookie. Use your fingers or the scoop to gently press down the the top of the cookie to make it flat.
- Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, in the freezer for up to 6 months.