These Naturally Sweetened Breakfast Cookies are sweetened with just dates and perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack! You can make them ahead of time and their freezer friendly.
First of all, if you’re a regular around here, you may have noticed it looks a little bit different today! I’m so excited about my new website design and I hope you all love it too! It should be much easier to navigate now 🙂
Now, for these Healthy Naturally Sweetened Breakfast Cookies. You all loved my Healthy Make Ahead Breakfast Cookies, and although they are refined sugar free, I got a lot of questions about using even less sugar or leaving it out completely.
So, I decided to come up with a naturally sweetened breakfast cookie recipe. The base recipe for these cookies is only sweetened with dates and un-sweetened applesauce. Now, they aren’t super sweet at all, so if you’re looking for a sweeter breakfast cookie, then these ones are for you.
But, if you’re looking for a healthier make ahead breakfast option that isn’t too sweet, then you will love these! And, as usual, I’m giving you 6 delicious flavors so you never get bored 🙂
A few things:
- If you are making then gluten free, make sure to use gluten free certified oats.
- If you aren’t familiar with almond meal, this is the kind that I use most often.
- One batch fits perfectly on a large baking sheet and I like to line mine with a non-stick baking mat and use a 1/4 cup scooper to scoop them out.
- You are more than welcome to substitute: regular milk for almond milk, an egg for the flax egg, and your choice of flour for the almond meal, it will however change the nutritional information.
- I would suggest storing these cookies in a large Tupperware rather than a plastic bag, they can get a little crumbly if tossed around.*
- Some mix in suggestions if you want an extra boost:
To make date paste: Pour boiling water over 4 pitted dates. Let sit for 20 minutes. Blend dates, plus 4 tablespoons of soaking liquid in a blender until smooth.
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA
You might also enjoy:
*This post contains affiliate links, thank you so much for helping to support She Likes Food!