A soft and delicious pumpkin flavored oatmeal cookie!
- 4 cups old fashioned oats, gluten free certified if necessary
- 3/4 cup flour, gluten free or regular (I like to use almond flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons milk, I like unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg, or regular egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2-3 tbsp water, let sit 5 mins)
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, dairy free if necessary
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined. Next add the wet ingredients and mix again until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop, or spoon, and spoon the cookie dough onto a non-stick lined cookie sheet and bake cookies for about 15-17 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on a cooling rack before enjoying.
Cookies should be stored in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for up to 5 days. They can also be frozen in an airtight freezer friendly container for up to 3 months.