- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 lettuce wraps, romaine lettuce or butter lettuce work well
- Optional toppings: avocado, jalapeno, tomato, cilantro, hot sauce
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and onion. Cook onion until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add the chickpeas to the pan and roughly mash them with a potato masher. Next, add the walnuts and all the seasonings. Stir until combined and cook until everything is heated through, 3-5 minutes.
- Lay lettuce wraps flat and spoon in chickpea mixture. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
This recipe makes 4 lettuce wraps but an easily be doubled or tripled to make more.
- Category: Dinner, Gluten Free, Vegan