Happy February! I’m going to stop exclaiming that I can’t believe another month has gone by and I’m just going to accept the fact that life is moving wayyyy too fast. And it seemed to get about 10 times faster since I had a baby. So, here we are, it’s the 2nd of February and it’s time for 30Minute Thursday! But I’m feeling extra nice this month and I’m gonna do you one better than a 30 minute meal, these Healthy Taco Chickpea Lettuce Wraps only take about 15 minutes to make!
And time is precious these days, so I think we could all use 15 extra minutes to put our feet up and relax. My mom left this morning and I’m so sad. She was so helpful and wonderful to have around. We went walking everyday and she loved taking care of Eli. I think the correct ratio of adult to baby should always be 3:1.
I have to admit that sometimes I really struggle coming up with a 30 minute meal. I came up with this one on the car ride to the grocery store and I was thinking so intently about what I was going to make that I almost ran a red light, ooops! But, I finally came up with these lettuce wraps and I feel like they are so much me that I’m a little surprised that it has taken me so long for this recipe to pop into my head.
They’re healthy and light and you may want to make two batches because they don’t stay around for long. You can scroll to the bottom of this post for more delicious 30 minute meals from some amazing food bloggers!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 lettuce wraps, romaine lettuce or butter lettuce work well
- Optional toppings: avocado, jalapeno, tomato, cilantro, hot sauce
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and onion. Cook onion until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add the chickpeas to the pan and roughly mash them with a potato masher. Next, add the walnuts and all the seasonings. Stir until combined and cook until everything is heated through, 3-5 minutes.
- Lay lettuce wraps flat and spoon in chickpea mixture. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
This recipe makes 4 lettuce wraps but an easily be doubled or tripled to make more.