- 1 loaf of your favorite bread, gluten free or regular
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 16 ounce bag of mini sweet peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- olive oil for drizzling on bread
Herbed Goat Cheese:
- 5 ounces goat cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, add all of the herbed goat cheese ingredients and mix together. Set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the bread into slices and drizzle with olive oil. Place the slices onto a large baking sheet and place in the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes, flipping once. After bread is toasted, rub one side with the raw clove of garlic.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Wash the peppers and cut them into thin slices. On a large baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, add the pepper slices, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of salt. Toss to coat and place into the oven. Roast for about 30 minutes, or until peppers are soft and caramelized.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of herbed goat cheese spread onto each slice of bread and top with balsamic roasted peppers.