- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free certified if necessary
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup dried, shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons ground flax
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, or vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. To a large mixing bowl add the oats, almonds, coconut, coconut sugar, flax, cinnamon and salt. Mix and set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir together and cook until just heated, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the almond extract.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until all ingredients are equal combined. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat and dump the granola mixture on. Use your hands to press out granola in an even layer.
- Bake granola for 35-40 minutes, until edges are just starting to brown. DO NOT STIR GRANOLA AT ALL WHILE BAKING! This will make it so the granola bakes together and creates lots of delicious chunks!
- Once granola is finished baking, remove the pan from the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes. once cooled, use your hands to break the granola up into whatever size chunks you desire. Lastly, add the dried blueberries and store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
Recipe makes 8-9 cups of granola