This Homemade Blueberry Almond Granola is perfect for a healthy and filling make ahead breakfast! It’s also great for snacking!
When I was pregnant with Eli the first trimester was really hard and didn’t involve lots of food. When it came time for breakfast I ate Greek yogurt pretty much every single day. I was never super hungry but knew it would come back to haunt me if I didn’t eat breakfast.
This time around the first trimester left me feeling ravenous in the morning and I craved a big hearty meal, like a breakfast burrito.
Now that most of the nausea has gone away I find myself craving lighter breakfasts and have been eating a ton of granola with almond milk or yogurt. I started out buying granola from the grocery store but then realized it was actually really easy to make my own! And, when you make your own you can enjoy any flavor you like 🙂
I’ve always loved the blueberry almond flavor combo so that is what I’m sharing with you today. You could certainly use fresh blueberries instead of dried, or any other fruit you like. The toasted almonds add such a great flavor and really go well with the sweetness of the blueberries.
I’m a sucker for clustery granola so I love to make mine that way. The secret is that you press the mixture down well on the tray and then you don’t stir the granola at all while it’s baking. Let it sit for a bit after you take it out and then you are able to break it apart with you hands and it’s glorious!
I hope you enjoy this Homemade Blueberry Almond Granola! It’s so great to have on hand for a healthy and hearty breakfast that can be made ahead of time!Print
Homemade Blueberry Almond Granola
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8-9 cups 1x
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free certified if necessary
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup dried, shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons ground flax
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, or vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. To a large mixing bowl add the oats, almonds, coconut, coconut sugar, flax, cinnamon and salt. Mix and set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir together and cook until just heated, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the almond extract.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until all ingredients are equal combined. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat and dump the granola mixture on. Use your hands to press out granola in an even layer.
- Bake granola for 35-40 minutes, until edges are just starting to brown. DO NOT STIR GRANOLA AT ALL WHILE BAKING! This will make it so the granola bakes together and creates lots of delicious chunks!
- Once granola is finished baking, remove the pan from the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes. once cooled, use your hands to break the granola up into whatever size chunks you desire. Lastly, add the dried blueberries and store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
Recipe makes 8-9 cups of granola
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Gluten Free, Vegan
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Blueberry Almond Granola
Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness says
I’m a sucker for clustery granola too! And I love making granola at home as well.. but the only problem is that it’s addicting! 😉
Hi Izzy, thanks for the recipe! Can you please let me know at what temperature I should bake the granola?
She Likes Food says
375 degrees F 🙂
But your directions say 325 degrees in step #1? Which one?
She Likes Food says