This Homemade Blueberry Lemonade is so easy to make and really refreshing! Sweetened with maple syrup too!
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries
- 7 cups + 1/3 cup water, divided
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, or 3/4 cup if you don’t want it quite so tart
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, or more if you want it sweeter
- Add the blueberries and 1/3 cup water to a medium sized saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until blueberries are starting to burst open, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Let blueberry mixture cool and then add to a blender and blend.
- Pour the blueberry syrup into a large pitcher and then add the fresh lemon juice, maple syrup and 7 cups of water. Mix well and then pour into cups filled with ice or refrigerate until ready to use.
Blueberry Lemonade will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze it in ice cube trays for up to 6 months.