This Homemade Blueberry Lemonade is so sweet, refreshing and perfect for summer! It’s easy to make and sweetened with maple syrup instead of cane sugar. Kid friendly too!
I’ve been really into homemade drinks this summer! We have been on a huge Watermelon Juice kick and now I’ve been making tons of this Homemade Blueberry Lemonade! We make regular lemonade and limeade as well, but I love the beautiful color of this Blueberry Lemonade.
I love having a big pitcher in the refrigerator for those hot summer afternoons and it’s also great to make for parties and get-togethers!
Homemade Blueberry Lemonade Recipe
This Blueberry Lemonade is so easy to make! It’s a very similar recipe to regular lemonade but you add a bunch of homemade blueberry syrup which gives it a great flavor and such a nice color.
All you do to make the blueberry syrup is boil some blueberries and water and it takes no time at all to break down. Then, you blend up that mixture and you get a really nice, thick blueberry syrup. I tried straining it to get the seeds out, but they’re so tiny they went right though and didn’t actually end up bothering me.
You then add the blueberry syrup to a pitcher with lemon juice, maple syrup and water and you mix well. This Homemade Blueberry Lemonade is perfectly tangy and sweet with lots of lemon and blueberry flavor. I like to garnish mine with a thin slice, or wedge, of lemon and some fresh blueberries. It’s especially nice to do if you’re making it for a party because it lets people know what it’s made of 🙂
What You’ll Need for this Homemade Blueberry Lemonade:
- Blueberries – I usually use fresh blueberries when I make this because blueberries are in season right now, but you could also use frozen and it would work great!
- Lemon Juice – You will want to use fresh lemon juice for this homemade lemonade recipe. The pre-squeezed stuff that you can buy in the lemon shaped container usually does not taste very good. Fresh squeezed lemon juice will give your lemonade the best flavor!
- Pure Maple Syrup – I wanted to make this blueberry lemonade refined sugar free so I opted to use pure maple syrup instead of white cane sugar. You could also use honey if you like.
- Water – I used purified water because that is what we drink in our house. Just use whatever type of water you use for drinking water. If you wanted to make it fizzy you could also sub tonic or soda water instead.
This Homemade Blueberry Lemonade is so easy to make and really refreshing! Sweetened with maple syrup too!
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries
- 7 cups + 1/3 cup water, divided
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, or 3/4 cup if you don’t want it quite so tart
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, or more if you want it sweeter
- Add the blueberries and 1/3 cup water to a medium sized saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until blueberries are starting to burst open, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Let blueberry mixture cool and then add to a blender and blend.
- Pour the blueberry syrup into a large pitcher and then add the fresh lemon juice, maple syrup and 7 cups of water. Mix well and then pour into cups filled with ice or refrigerate until ready to use.
Blueberry Lemonade will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze it in ice cube trays for up to 6 months.