- 2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- 12 ounces chocolate chips, I used dairy free, gluten free dark chocolate
- Add the coconut, mint, and coconut oil to the food processor. Process for two minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips either using a microwave or double boiler.
- Place 12 cupcake wrappers in a muffin tin. Scoop a small amount of melted chocolate into the bottom on each wrapper, about 1-1/2 teaspoons. Then scoop a heaping teaspoon of coconut mixture on top of the chocolate. Refrigerate for ten minutes until chocolate has slightly hardened. Remove from the refrigerator and press down the cold coconut mixture with your fingers.
- Re-heat the remaining chocolate, if needed, and scoop enough chocolate on top to cover the coconut mixture. Using your spoon, gently push the melted chocolate down around the edge to ensure that the coconut is almost completely encased by the chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until chocolate has hardened. Once chocolate has hardened, peppermint cups can be stored at room temperature.
Makes 10-12 depending on how much chocolate you use for each cup.