Honey Garlic Chickpeas is a super quick and easy vegetarian dinner recipe that’s also so full of delicious flavor!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced snap peas
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- Rice to serve over, or your favorite grain or cauliflower rice
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1 tsp olive oil, snap peas, carrots and broccoli. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until vegetables are beginning to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Make the honey garlic sauce while the vegetables are cooking. Add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl or jar and mix until combined.
- Add the chickpeas to the vegetables and then pour the sauce mixture over. Cook until sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Make sure to stir often because honey can burn easily. Serve over rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice or your favorite grain.