This Honey Garlic Chickpeas & Vegetables meal comes together in just 30 minutes for an easy and healthy vegetarian dinner recipe! Can easily be made vegan too!
I originally shared this Honey Garlic Chickpeas & Vegetables as part of my 30 Minute Dinner Challenge and it was a big hit with everyone! It’s one of those dinners that is super easy to make but tastes impressive! It’s also great because you can use any vegetables you have on hand so it’s good for cleaning out the refrigerator.
This recipe is gluten free and can easily be made vegan by substituting the honey for maple syrup or any other vegan sticky sweetener alternatives.
INGREDIENTS FOR HONEY GARLIC CHICKPEA RECIPE
- Chickpeas – Chickpeas are my go-to legume when making Asian inspired recipes. They have a good texture that holds up well and a mild taste that doesn’t overpower anything else in the dish. Tofu or tempeh would also be great but require a little more cooking time than chickpeas.
- Vegetables – One thing I love about this recipe is that you can really use whatever veggies you have on hand. It’s a great recipe if you need to clean out your vegetable drawers! I went pretty simple and used broccoli, carrots and sugar snap peas. You just want to make sure that whatever vegetables you use have a similar cooking time.
- Honey Garlic Sauce – The sauce is where it’s at!! It’s sweet and savory and full of honey and garlic. The other ingredients include: water, soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch. You can also add in a little chili paste or sriracha for some extra heat.
HOW TO SERVE YOUR HONEY GARLIC CHICKPEAS & VEGETABLES
You can really serve these anyway you like! I like to serve this meal over jasmine or basmati rice, that’s what my kids love. You could also do brown rice, quinoa, faro, rice noodles, pasta noodles or even just enjoy this stir fry by itself.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can I use maple syrup instead of honey? Absolutely! Just use the exact same amount.
- Can I use a store-bought stir fry sauce instead? Yes! Just use your favorite kind and add however much you like.
- Can I use this recipe for meal prep? Totally! Just portion it out into your meal prep containers and heat in the microwave or on the stovetop when ready to eat.
- Can I use different kinds of vegetables? For sure! Use whatever vegetables you have on hand or whatever you like best.
- Can I use tofu instead of chickpeas? Yes! Tofu would be great in this recipe. I would suggest browning it a little bit first.
- How long will leftovers last in the refrigerator? About 4-5 days in an airtight container.
- Is this recipe freezer friendly? I haven’t frozen it myself but I don’t see why not. I would recommend freezing in an airtight container for no longer than 6 months.
Looking for more Asian inspired vegetarian recipes?
- Crispy Teriyaki Cauliflower
- Ginger Sesame Noodles with Vegetables
- Sticky Lemon Cauliflower
- Easy Sesame Noodles
- Teriyaki Tofu Bowls