- 1 bunch of curly kale, chopped into bit size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 small squeeze of lemon
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 avocado, cut in half, diced, and scooped out
- 1/4 cup roasted & salted sunflower
Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Creamy Tahini Miso Dressing:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light miso
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place diced sweet potatoes on an oven sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes, until tender on the inside and starting to brown on the outside, flipping once.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, place all chopped kale into a large bowl. Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, 1 pinch of salt, and 1 small squeeze of lemon juice. Massage kale for a few minutes and place in refrigerator until needed.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until combined.
- Assemble to salad: Place desired amount of kale, sweet potatoes, avocado, chickpeas and sunflower seeds into a bowl and top with desired amount of tahini miso dressing.
*If making this salad for a party or get together, you may add everything to a large bowl and combine, rather than assembling one bowl at a time.
*If making ahead, wait until last minute to dress.