A really flavorful oatmeal cup packed with spinach!
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free certified if necessary
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 2 1/2 tablespoons water, let sit 2-3 minutes)
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened, non-dairy milk
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta, you can use this vegan feta recipe if making vegan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs, I used rosemary and thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin or use silicone muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats and the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Add the milk and flax egg and mix until combined.
- Next, mix in the spinach, feta and herbs. I like the let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes so that the oats can soak up the milk, it makes for more even cooking.
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop to scoop the oat mixture into the muffin tin. Bake cups until cooked through and firm, 15-18 minutes. Let sit in the muffin tin for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.