A delicious and flavorful way to roast up your Brussels sprouts this year!
- 2.5 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons tamari, or soy sauce
- Optional garnishes: toasted sesame seeds, red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash the Brussels sprouts, trim off the tip of the stem and cut them in half.
- Line a large baking sheet with a non-stick mat or parchment paper. On the baking sheet, toss together the Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast Brussels sprouts for 25 minutes.
- While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, in a small bowl mix together the maple syrup, sesame oil, tamari, garlic and ginger.
- Remover the Brussels sprouts from the oven and pour the sauce mixture over. Mix until everything is combined and then place them back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and red pepper flakes, if desired, before serving.