These delicious Maple Sesame Ginger Roasted Brussels Sprouts will be the perfect side dish on your holiday table!
The holidays are officially upon us! I was at the playground yesterday and there was a kid wearing a Santa hat and I kept thinking it was kinda strange because we were nowhere near Christmas. And, then I realized that we are in fact very close to Christmas! The warmer desert weather always throws me off 🙂
But, before we get to Christmas we get to have Thanksgiving! Brussels sprouts make an appearance on our holiday table every single year. I was so excited the day that my husband realized that he actually enjoyed them and even more excited when he started requesting them.
I have to admit that I usually just do a basic roasted Brussels sprout with olive oil, salt and pepper. You really can’t go wrong with those flavors, but I thought it would be fun to mix things up this year. I’ve been loving experimenting with Asian flavors lately, so I decided to go that direction.
And they turned out pretty delicious! First I roast the Brussels sprouts with a little oil, salt and pepper and let them get crispy and then I add in the maple sesame and ginger flavors and they just soak right in.
If you usually go the traditional route and are looking for a fun and delicious way to mix things up this year, you should most definitely try these Maple Sesame Ginger Roasted Brussels Sprouts! They do not disappoint 🙂Print
A delicious and flavorful way to roast up your Brussels sprouts this year!
- 2.5 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons tamari, or soy sauce
- Optional garnishes: toasted sesame seeds, red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash the Brussels sprouts, trim off the tip of the stem and cut them in half.
- Line a large baking sheet with a non-stick mat or parchment paper. On the baking sheet, toss together the Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast Brussels sprouts for 25 minutes.
- While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, in a small bowl mix together the maple syrup, sesame oil, tamari, garlic and ginger.
- Remover the Brussels sprouts from the oven and pour the sauce mixture over. Mix until everything is combined and then place them back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and red pepper flakes, if desired, before serving.