These Orange Tofu Chickpea Bowls are perfect for meal prep or an easy weeknight dinner!
- 1 cup rice, or your favorite grain
- 6 cups broccoli
- 1 (14 oz) package extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, or cooking oil of your choice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium tamari
- Optional toppings: sesame seeds and sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup orange juice, I like to use fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Cook rice according to package directions. Steam broccoli until desired tenderness.
- Add all orange sauce ingredients to a small bowl or jar and mix until combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with 2 teaspoons oil. Add tofu and 1 tablespoon tamari and sautée until tofu is browned, 7-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add chickpeas and orange sauce to the pan and cook until sauce is thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. It will cook down as it thickens so I don’t like to let it cook too long so I have more sauce.
- To each bowl add: heaping half cup of rice, 1/4 of the broccoli and 1/4 of the orange tofu and chickpeas. If you have extra sauce you can drizzle sauce over rice and broccoli and season it with a little tamari/soy sauce. Garnish and enjoy!
If making for meal prep: assemble bowls in refrigerator/microwave safe containers and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Re-heat in microwave or on stovetop.