This Polenta Enchilada Bake is easy to make and comes together in just 30 minutes!
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 medium sized onion
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (18 oz) tube polenta
- 1 (15 oz) can enchilada sauce, I love Hatch brand
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Slice up the polenta into 8 equal sized pieces. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 teaspoons olive oil and polenta slices. Season the tops with salt and cook until each side is lightly browned, about 2 minutes on each side.
- While polenta is cooking dice up the bell peppers and onion. Remove polenta from the skillet and add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and diced vegetables. Cook for about 5 minutes and then add in the black beans and all the spices. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour half the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a medium sized oven safe baking dish and then top with the veggie and bean mixture. Lay the polenta slices down in a single layer and pour over remaining enchilada sauce. Top with shredded cheese and bake until bubbly and cheese is melted, 7-10 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!