This Polenta Enchilada Bake is easy to make, filling and comes together in just 30 minutes! It’s great for a vegetarian weeknight dinner!
*This Polenta Enchilada Bake Recipe was originally part of my 30 Minute Dinner Challenge. If you’re interested in joining my new challenge, sign up here!
Since we can’t just live on holiday treats alone, I wanted to share a quick and easy dinner with you! This Polenta Enchilada Bake comes together in just 30 minutes and you only need one pan. It’s a great family meal that’s healthy and filling.
I’ve recently started cooking with the pre-made tube of polenta in the past few years and it’s such a time saver! It can be used in a variety of recipes and it’s super filling. It also happens to go really well with the enchilada flavors in this recipe.
WHAT IS POLENTA?
Polenta is a cornmeal porridge like dish that can also be cooled and solidified. You can enjoy it in it’s porridge form, like I used it here, or you can cool it down, let it solidify and it can be used in lots of different recipes.
You can either buy it in the form of coarsly ground corn or you can buy it in a tube that has been solidified. I’ve used it both ways but prefer to buy it in an already made tube because it’s much quicker to cook and I prefer the texture.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THIS POLENTA ENCHILADA BAKE RECIPE
- Tube of polenta – You should be able to find a tube of polenta at most grocery stores. I’ve seen it in the pasta aisle as well as in the refrigerated section next to the tofu.
- Enchilada sauce – I usually use canned enchilada sauce and I prefer to use the Hatch Chili brand of mild red sauce. You can use homemade as well.
- Cheese – I topped my polenta enchilada bake with cheese. If making dairy free you can omit the cheese or use vegan cheese.
- Vegetables – When making Mexican themed casserole dishes like this I like to use peppers and onions. You can use whatever veggies you have on hand that are quick cooking.
- Beans – I used pinto beans but black or even refried beans would work too.
30 MINUTE VEGETARIAN DINNER RECIPE
Mexican themed meals are usually my go-to when creating 30 minute dinner recipes. The ingredients are usually very affordable and come together quickly. I also just love Mexican food so I make it as much as I can 🙂
I love using the tube of polenta because it can be used in so many different kinds of cuisines. It’s traditionally an Italian ingredient but it works so well with these flavors and makes for a really filling dish.