A delicious and comforting vegan dinner!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tube polenta
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheese, I used vegan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice polenta in about 1 inch thick slices, you want to get about 7 slices. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil and polenta slices. Cook polenta until crispy, about 5 minutes on each side.
- In a medium sized oven safe pan (I like to use my cast iron skillet) mix together white beans, 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce and spinach. Top with polenta slices and then then top each one of those with a spoonful of tomato sauce and about 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.
- Bake polenta until heated through and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs before serving, if desired.