This Polenta Parmesan with Spinach and White Beans is the perfect cozy and filling vegetarian dinner!
This Polenta Parmesan is one of my new favorite meals! It’s warm, cozy and kinda tastes like pizza. I know the true definition of a “parmesan” is something that has been breaded, but what I love about polenta is that it gets a crispy outside if you cook it up in some oil.
I know we still have a few more weeks until Christmas but I’m finally really starting to get in the mood!
I have Christmas music playing practically non-stop these days and I’ve been eating lots of comforting holiday meals. The weather still isn’t wintery, and it will most likely never be, but we got our Christmas tree this week and it’s wonderful!
Let’s talk cheese for a second, I’m not vegan. I do cook a lot of vegan meals and cheese is pretty much the only food I eat that isn’t vegan. I’ve been debating trying to give it up but I’m just not ready yet. I do, however, like to try out different vegan cheeses and the one I used in this recipe is pretty good!
It’s just the Trader Joe’s mozzarella and it’s the only vegan cheese I’ve been able to find that actually melts nicely. I just broil it a little and it gets all melty and beautiful! It also tastes really creamy and goes perfectly on top of this polenta parmesan with spinach and white beans!
This meal would be great for an easy weeknight dinner or for a more decedent dinner if you have family visiting this holiday. I hope you enjoy 🙂
If you like polenta, you might also enjoy this recipe: 30 Minute Pizza Polenta Bowls
A delicious and comforting vegan dinner!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tube polenta
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheese, I used vegan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice polenta in about 1 inch thick slices, you want to get about 7 slices. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil and polenta slices. Cook polenta until crispy, about 5 minutes on each side.
- In a medium sized oven safe pan (I like to use my cast iron skillet) mix together white beans, 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce and spinach. Top with polenta slices and then then top each one of those with a spoonful of tomato sauce and about 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.
- Bake polenta until heated through and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs before serving, if desired.