- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- A few big handfuls baby spinach or green of choice
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- Salt and Pepper
Curry Tahini Dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons water, or more depending on the consistency you desire
- 1 teaspoon tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. On a large sheet pan, toss together diced sweet potato, olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake sweet potato until fork tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions let cool and then fluff with a fork.
- Make the Curry Tahini dressing by adding all ingredients to a jar or small bowl and whisking until combined.
- In a large bowl, add the quinoa, roasted sweet potato, chickpeas, spinach leaves, red onion, dried cranberries and cashews. Season with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil and mix together.
- You can either mix dressing into the salad before serving or serve individual portions of salad and top each with desired amount of dressing.
This salad is great for meal prep! Just divide into containers and refrigerator for up to 4 days. Leave off the dressing until ready to eat!