This Quinoa Chickpea Sweet Potato Salad is packed with vegetables and protein and perfect for a delicious vegan lunch or dinner! It’s also topped off with an amazing Curry Tahini Dressing that I think you will absolutely love!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I actually did a couple of things for myself and it felt really nice. My son is with me all the time and we don’t have family around to help out, so aside from the time he’s napping I don’t ever really have time to do things for myself.
But, my husband got me a massage gift card for my birthday so I went this morning and it was wonderful! I also went out solo last night for a good-bye dinner with friends and it was pretty nice to be able to eat and talk without worrying about what Eli was getting into 🙂
It was nice to enjoy some me time before things get really crazy! The moving trucks are coming in about two weeks and then it gets real!
But, in the meantime I’m biding my time by staying busy in the kitchen trying to get some posts finished so I can take some time off to unpack once we get to Santa Fe.
This Quinoa Chickpea Sweet Potato Salad is the salad that my body had been missing during the first trimester. This is my kind of salad all the way! Unfortunately, healthy food made me even more sick, but now that I’m feeling better I’m making up for it 🙂
This delicious salad is packed with quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, chickpeas, fresh spinach, dried cranberries and cashews. It has all the flavors and textures you could want in a salad and it’s loaded with protein!
My absolute favorite thing about this salad has to be the curry tahini dressing though! It involves two of my favorite ingredients and goes so well with all the other goodies packed in here! This Quinoa Chickpea and Sweet Potato Salad would be great as a lunch, dinner or meal prep recipe. I hope your body enjoys this as much as mine did 🙂Print
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- A few big handfuls baby spinach or green of choice
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- Salt and Pepper
Curry Tahini Dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons water, or more depending on the consistency you desire
- 1 teaspoon tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. On a large sheet pan, toss together diced sweet potato, olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake sweet potato until fork tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions let cool and then fluff with a fork.
- Make the Curry Tahini dressing by adding all ingredients to a jar or small bowl and whisking until combined.
- In a large bowl, add the quinoa, roasted sweet potato, chickpeas, spinach leaves, red onion, dried cranberries and cashews. Season with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil and mix together.
- You can either mix dressing into the salad before serving or serve individual portions of salad and top each with desired amount of dressing.
This salad is great for meal prep! Just divide into containers and refrigerator for up to 4 days. Leave off the dressing until ready to eat!