- 1– 15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained (reserve the liquid) or 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut small
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place broccoli on a large sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 10-15 minutes, until broccoli is tender and beginning to brown. Let cool.
- Add the broccoli along with all the other ingredients to a food processor. Turn the food processor on and slowly add the reserved chickpea liquid, or water, until desired consistency is reached. I used about 3 tablespoons.
- Enjoy with crackers!