This Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Black Beans is full of flavor and perfect for eating with chips or topping your greens with!
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled and diced (see this post for how to roast butternut squash)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans (or 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 large lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a large sheet pan toss together butternut squash cubes, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Roast butternut squash until fork tender and starting to caramelize, 40-50 minutes.
- Add butternut squash to a large bowl along with all the remaining ingredients and mix until combined. Enjoy salad immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days.
- I like to eat this salad either with chips or on top of a big bowl of greens!