This Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup is SO easy to make and full of flavor!
- 18–20 roma tomatoes
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup plain, non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 small handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup water, or vegetable stock
- 1 small splash apple cider vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut Roma tomatoes in half, lengthwise, and place on a large sheet pan with the garlic cloves. Drizzle on olive oil and sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and the black pepper. Toss everything together and make sure all the tomatoes are coated with oil. Bake until tomatoes are soft and caramelized and garlic is fork tender, about an hour, stirring once.
- Add tomatoes and garlic to a blender and blend until smooth. Next, add the greek yogurt, basil, water, 1/4 teaspoon salt and splash of vinegar to the blender and blend again until smooth, about 1 minute or longer if needed.
- Pour the soup into a medium sized pot to warm, if needed.
If you like your soup to be on the thin side, just add more water. If you want your soup even thicker and creamier, add more yogurt.
Entire soup recipe has 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle points.