These healthy and delicious meal prep bowls are so easy to make and great to have around for a meal prep lunch!
- 3/4 cup quinoa, dried
- 3 heaping cups quartered Brussels sprouts
- 3 heaping cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil, your favorite kind
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Fresh herb for garnishing, if desired
Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water, or more depending on what dressing consistency you like
- Salt, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with a non-stick mat or parchment paper. Add the Brussels sprouts, carrots, onion and chickpeas. I like to keep them separate but you can also mix them together if you like. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle just the chickpeas with the garlic powder and paprika.
- Place vegetables in the oven and bake until starting to caramelize, 40-45 minutes, stirring once.
- While vegetables are roasting, rinse quinoa and add it to a medium sized saucepan with 1 1/2 cups water. Cover, bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar or medium sized bowl and whisk until combined. You can add as much or as little water as you like to get desired consistency.
- Line up 4 microwave safe food storage containers. I like to use these ones. Add 1/4 of the quinoa to each container followed by 1/4 of each veggie and chickpeas. Cover containers with an airtight lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Re-heat in microwave for about 1 minute, oven 15-20 minutes, and add fresh and herb and dressing before serving.