These Roasted Vegetable and Chickpea Meal Prep Bowls are healthy, delicious and will make your life so much easier!
Happy New Year!! Welcome to 2018! I hope you’re looking forward to the new year as much as I am. I love thinking of the new year as a fresh start. I don’t always keep my resolutions but I still love doing them and going into the new year with a clear head with new goals in mind.
And, yes, I am always that person who lists “lose weight” as one of my resolutions 🙂 I’m determined to accomplish that one this year though.
I’m embarrassed to admit that 18 months later I’m still hanging onto some of that stubborn baby weight and I really want to get rid of it this year. One thing that really helps me eat healthy and stick to a plan is meal prep. It’s also one of the main reasons I get to eat lunch some days, because I might not have time otherwise haha.
I hope you all enjoy meal prep as well because I’m planning to dedicate most of the month of January to healthy vegetarian/vegan meal prep recipes! I’ve only recently gotten into meal prep and it really does make life so much easier. You just have to prepare your meals on Sunday and then you have lunch or dinner all ready for the next 4 or 5 days. So easy!
I’m excited to share these Roasted Vegetable and Chickpea Meal Prep Bowls with you first because they’re my favorites right now! They’re so easy to make and really great this time of year when you just want to roast all the vegetables 🙂
All this recipe takes is a little prep with the chopping of the vegetables and then you just wait for them to finish roasted. I then add in quinoa, or your favorite grain, and top with a creamy lemon tahini dressing.
I wish you all a wonderful new year that’s filled with happiness and healthy eating 🙂Print
These healthy and delicious meal prep bowls are so easy to make and great to have around for a meal prep lunch!
- 3/4 cup quinoa, dried
- 3 heaping cups quartered Brussels sprouts
- 3 heaping cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil, your favorite kind
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Fresh herb for garnishing, if desired
Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water, or more depending on what dressing consistency you like
- Salt, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with a non-stick mat or parchment paper. Add the Brussels sprouts, carrots, onion and chickpeas. I like to keep them separate but you can also mix them together if you like. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle just the chickpeas with the garlic powder and paprika.
- Place vegetables in the oven and bake until starting to caramelize, 40-45 minutes, stirring once.
- While vegetables are roasting, rinse quinoa and add it to a medium sized saucepan with 1 1/2 cups water. Cover, bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar or medium sized bowl and whisk until combined. You can add as much or as little water as you like to get desired consistency.
- Line up 4 microwave safe food storage containers. I like to use these ones. Add 1/4 of the quinoa to each container followed by 1/4 of each veggie and chickpeas. Cover containers with an airtight lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Re-heat in microwave for about 1 minute, oven 15-20 minutes, and add fresh and herb and dressing before serving.
Looking for more healthy vegetarian meal prep?