These Sesame Ginger Tofu Meal Prep Bowls are so flavorful and will keep you feeling full all afternoon!
- 3/4 cup rice, or grain of your choice
- 2 teaspoons oil of your choice
- 2 cups diced red pepper
- 2 cups diced purple cabbage
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons low sodium tamari, or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 16 ounces tofu, pressed and diced into bite size pieces
- Green onion and toasted sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
Sesame Ginger Sauce:
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup low sodium tamari, or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, or honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch or arrowroot
- Cook rice according to package directions and divide evenly into meal prep containers once finished cooking. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add oil, all the veggies, tamari and garlic and ginger powder. Cook veggies until just softened, 7-10 minutes. Remove veggies from the pan and divide evenly into your meal prep containers.
- If necessary add another teaspoon of oil and all of the tofu. I like to add a little more tamari or salt to give the tofu a little flavor while it cooks. Cook tofu until browned, 10-12 minutes.
- While tofu is cooking, add all Sesame Ginger Sauce ingredients to a small jar and mix until combined. Once tofu is browned add in the sauce and cook until sauce is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Divide tofu evenly into meal prep containers. Top each finished bowl with sliced green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
See recipe tips above.