These Sesame Ginger Tofu Meal Prep Bowls are a great vegan meal prep recipe and will keep you feeling full all afternoon long!
If you think tofu is boring and has no taste, you’ve got to try these Sesame Ginger Tofu Meal Prep Bowls! I used my go-to Sesame Ginger Sauce on the tofu and paired it with rice and veggies for a filling and flavorful vegan meal prep recipe!
I know they say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I love to have a fun and exciting lunch planned out so I have something to look forward to in the afternoon. This was especially true when I worked an 8-5 office job.
Before I started to do more meal prep, I would wake up not very hungry or with not much time to prepare lunch, and the result was a poorly packed lunch that I regretted so much once noon rolled around. I’m pretty sure once I just brought a plain bagel haha.
Whether you’re sitting at a desk all day or out doing manual labor, a filling and nutritious lunch is so important!
When creating meal prep lunches I like to add some protein, veggies, a grain and then a delicious and flavorful sauce to top everything off with. To me, these Sesame Ginger Tofu Meal Prep Bowls are definitely a lunch that I look forward to eating. They fill me up and I feel good about all the ingredients.
Recently I’ve been loving buy this super firm high protein tofu. So far I’ve seen it at Trader Joes and Sprouts and I always buy so much of it when I come across it. One thing that I really love about it is that it isn’t packed in very much liquid at all and it’s pre-pressed so all you have to do is cut it up and cook it!
I have to admit that I’m terrible at pressing my tofu and usually just pat it dry without trying to press all the water out of it. It’s not quite as firm, but I never have any issues with it. That being said, I much prefer using pre-pressed tofu, so if you can find it, it’s a godsend 🙂
Recipe Tips for Sesame Ginger Tofu Meal Prep Bowls:
- This recipe can be eaten as a dinner rather than a meal prep recipe. Just cook it up and serve it all together in a bowl rather than portioning it out into meal prep containers.
- I like to use glass meal prep containers for this recipe because you can safely heat them in the microwave or oven. I love these meal prep containers!
- I used white rice because I was making these for my husband but you could use brown rice or any other grain you like.
- You can also use different vegetables if you prefer or can’t find the ones I used. You just want to make sure you have 6 cups total of veggies.
- This meal prep recipe could probably be made into 5 portions, but I’m hungry these days and wanted to pack a lot of food into my container!