- 3 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 (14 ounce) block extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed
- Corn tortillas for serving
- Optional garnishes: sliced scallion, salsa, cilantro
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil, the diced veggies and a pinch of salt. Cook veggies for about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Next, push the veggies to the side of the pan and add 2 more teaspoons olive oil. Crumble the block of tofu into the pan, using your hands, and add all of the spices. Stir everything together and cook until tofu is starting to brown, 10-15 minutes. Finally, add the beans, stir and cook for 2 more minutes, until beans are heated through.
- Serve tofu scramble by itself or in a breakfast taco. Top with green onions, salsa or cilantro, if desired.