This Southwestern Butternut Squash and White Bean Soup is so creamy and flavorful!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups cubed butternut squash
- 3 cans white beans, drained and rinsed ( or great northern)
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth (about 32 ounces)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add diced onion and peppers. Cook until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Next, add the butternut squash and garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, stir until combined, cover and let simmer until butternut squash is fork tender, about 40 minutes.
- Carefully (you may want to wait until it’s cooled) add about 3/4 of the soup to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You could add the entire thing if you don’t want any chunks. Add the pureed soup back to the pot and mix until combined. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Soup can be frozen in an airtight freezer friendly container up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Category: Soup, Vegan, Gluten Free, Vegetarian