- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash, cut in half with seeds scooped out
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pesto
- 8–10 slices of bread
- 1 – 2 cups shredded cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush the inside of each spaghetti squash with about 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast spaghetti squash until fork tender, about 30-40 minutes. Let spaghetti squash cool slightly and use a fork to scrape out the squash.
- Add spaghetti squash to a large bowl along with the pesto and white beans. Mix well and salt and pepper to taste. Scoop about 1/3 cup of the spaghetti squash mixture onto a slice of bread and top with a few tablespoons cheese.
- Bake spaghetti squash melts until heated through and cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes. Best when enjoyed hot.