These Spaghetti Squash Melts with Pesto and White Beans are perfect for a healthy and hearty vegetarian dinner recipe! They’re so easy to make!
I apologize for this re-peat post, my site was having issues the day that I originally posted it and everything had to be resent so the post was deleted. But, these Spaghetti Squash Melts with Pesto and White Beans are so good that I had to repost the recipe for you 🙂
I know that most people use spaghetti squash as a low carb pasta substitute but obviously I am not on a low carb diet haha. I mixed mine with pesto and white beans and then put it on some bread with some melted cheese on top. And it was so good!
I feel a little weird posting a winter squash recipe now that it’s spring, but I originally made these Spaghetti Squash Melts back in December when I was getting ready for baby to come. We’re still not having consistent warm spring weather here so hopefully I’m not the only one still craving winter comfort foods!
This recipe is great because you can make the spaghetti squash mixture ahead of time and just have it on hand. All you have to do is spread it on top of the bread, top with cheese and then pop in the oven for a few minutes and you’ve got yourself a healthy and delicious lunch or dinner! If making for dinner it would go great with a side salad 🙂
Recipe Tips for Spaghetti Squash Melts with Pesto and White Beans:
- You can sub white beans for chickpeas if you like.
- If you’re non-dairy you could use vegan cheese or omit the cheese alltogether.
- Spaghetti squash mixture will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Spaghetti Squash Melts with Pesto and White Beans
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash, cut in half with seeds scooped out
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pesto
- 8–10 slices of bread
- 1 – 2 cups shredded cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush the inside of each spaghetti squash with about 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast spaghetti squash until fork tender, about 30-40 minutes. Let spaghetti squash cool slightly and use a fork to scrape out the squash.
- Add spaghetti squash to a large bowl along with the pesto and white beans. Mix well and salt and pepper to taste. Scoop about 1/3 cup of the spaghetti squash mixture onto a slice of bread and top with a few tablespoons cheese.
- Bake spaghetti squash melts until heated through and cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes. Best when enjoyed hot.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Category: Dinner, Vegetarian
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: Spaghetti Squash Melts with Pesto and White Beans
Leave a Reply