A fresh and flavorful pasta dish filled with spring vegetables!
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Black Pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, with the woody part chopped off
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 large lemon
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh dill, I like a lot!
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat and add pasta once it comes up to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside until ready to use.
- If using thin asparagus, cut in half lengthwise and then cut into about 2 inch pieces. If using thick asparagus, cut in quarters, lengthwise and then cut into 2 inch pieces.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and asparagus. Season with salt and pepper and cook until asparagus is tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Next, add in the peas and garlic and cook until heated through.
- Finally, add in the cooked pasta, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest and 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional). Stir until everything is combined and season with salt and pepper, to taste.