This Spring Vegetable Pasta with Lemon and Dill is fresh, flavorful and perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
Happy April! It’s crazy how some areas of the country are getting snow dumped on them while others (me!) are already getting temperatures in the 90s. I’m not quite sure if I’m jealous of a snow storm in April, but I really would prefer temperatures to be a little cooler.
Whether it’s warm or cold, each season brings it’s own delicious produce and I really do love what spring has to offer.
When it comes to spring produce, I have a habit of trying to throw as much of it as I can into dishes because I just love how it all goes together so well. Today I’m sharing this Spring Vegetable Pasta with Lemon and Dill with you and it’s a great way to use up your asparagus.
Asparagus is one of those vegetables that I hated as a kid but now look forward to every spring. I still don’t love it raw and really prefer the smaller asparagus to the huge stalks, but I love throwing it into pasta salads!
I paired it with some spring peas, fresh dill and lot of lemon zest and juice. Dill is one of my absolute favorite fresh herbs and I put it into almost everything this time of year. It just has such a wonderful taste and makes everything better. I especially love it in my Roasted Carrot and Dill Hummus you should check out, if you haven’t already 🙂Print
A fresh and flavorful pasta dish filled with spring vegetables!
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Black Pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, with the woody part chopped off
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 large lemon
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh dill, I like a lot!
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat and add pasta once it comes up to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside until ready to use.
- If using thin asparagus, cut in half lengthwise and then cut into about 2 inch pieces. If using thick asparagus, cut in quarters, lengthwise and then cut into 2 inch pieces.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and asparagus. Season with salt and pepper and cook until asparagus is tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Next, add in the peas and garlic and cook until heated through.
- Finally, add in the cooked pasta, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest and 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional). Stir until everything is combined and season with salt and pepper, to taste.